Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion

Pin It

Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (12) At first glance these objects look like they are in motion, almost like every object is falling down, especially the “strawberry blanket”. In reality they are actually natural materials, like feathers, fruits and flowers, attached to nylon threads. Sculptor Claire Morgan from Belfast is the creator of this magnificent art work. She has among other things achieved a first class degree in Sculpture from Northumbria University.

Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (11) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (10)

Since graduating she has pursued a career solely as a visual artist. She has exhibited internationally, with solo shows, residencies and commissions across the UK, as well as group exhibitions in Europe. At an early stage she developed a strong interest in the organic, in natural processes, and in the bodily connotations of natural materials. This formed the basis for her practice as an artist creating sculptural installations and continues to influence her work at present.

Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (9) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (8) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (7) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (6) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (5) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (4) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (3) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (2) Amazing sculptures that look like they are in motion (1)Other art that can trick your eyes are this tree branch that grows through glass jars.

Pin It

Comments

1. Smittyjade says

Impressive work, I must say I am more than curious how long it takes to complete one?

2. Amiie says

Interesting but I do not like the use of real animals. Animals are not meant for art or for fashion, they just want to live :[

3. me says

this was really cool. i mean he should participate in movies. i dont know if any of these sculltures actually mean anything, but they do look cool and trippy. put some one on acid it would satisfy more, but overall impressive. i dont know whats trying to say if it gets a stronger message for the next expo, it could show that this form of art is expressive and clear, btu its a little confusing for no reason.

4. tom says

the people who draw this have three 3 dimension overview of life in perspective. Its great and very real considering its only a paining

cheers

tom

5. sidvicious says

creative an tidious work… I can only imagine how long it would take to make one of those pieces.

6. Danielle says

these are absolutely breathtaking…I love the first one the most…and the blue one..i think its made of fake butterflies..I’ve always loved art..so this is just awesome to me.

7. BoRRIS says

Omg this is totally awesome DUDE omg if only i didnthave a life i would try it but i cba!

8. Drinty says

Lurve these! Very creative, would be great to see in real life i agree :)
    The last pic… does anyone else see the little white mouse? Is he part of the sculpture? :)

9. J-Rocs Sister says

Every thing is being held by strings. Not falling.
    I can tell that in the pictures.

10. Artocraft says

Nice post, I would like to shared with Amin Gulgeeā€™s premium collection, the work metal inlaid with quartz crystals, is less agitated than previous works. Read full story

11. Eyebee says

REALLY A CLASSIC AND WHOLE MIND CONCENTRATING PIECE OF ART…A GUY ABOVE SOMEWHERE TALKED ABOUT THIRD DIMENSION APPROACH OF THE ARTIST, AND HE’S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. BUT DOUBTLESSLY, SHE’S OUTSTANDING IN THIS TYPE OF PAINTINGS..A NEW AND UNIQUE PRESENTATION, OF COURSE!

12. Ohne Mitleid says

Awesome pics, wish I were mobile enough to see it in real life.
    I think whoever took these pictures should have considered doing two sets: one with flash and one as close to the lighting of the setting they were in. I am fairly certain the lines drawn by the flash reflecting from the nylon suspension system detract from the overall effect desired. It would kind have been like a magician revealing the workings of a trick, but at least it would add credibility to the pictures not being photoshopped when done this way.

Enough complaining! Thanks to the Claire Morgan for the beautiful sculptures and thanks for sharing to…ummm…too many pictures…overstimulation…must have seizure now……..

13. perlinda says

Firstly I thought I can see here something amazing – then I realized those poor animals…Am I the only person here who doesn’t feel comfortable with them? F*ck the art if it needs their death!!Shit.