These are cakes? Great examples of creative bakery

octopus-cake

At the Highland Bakery in Atlanta GA these amazingly detailed cakes are made by Karen Portaleo. She got inspiration to be a cake decorator one day when she noticed that the cakes in her friend’s bakery didn’t have any creations. With a background in clay sculpturing she taught herself how to create spectacular decorations for cakes.

Portaelo has made cakes that look like a giant octopus, Darth Vader, a rhino and many other. Speaking of being creative with food, check out how food can be transformed  into landscapes for tiny human figures.

whale-cake

rhyno-cake pug-cake groundhog-cake groundhog-cake2 crab-cake armadillo-cake vader-cake playstation-cake london-cake jacket-cake corn-cake books-cake tools-cake zombi-cake

The following two tabs change content below.
clientexperience@todaygrowthconsultant.com'

ThisBlogRules

clientexperience@todaygrowthconsultant.com'

Latest posts by ThisBlogRules (see all)

Comments

1. k7_046@yahoo.com'NR says

These are way BETTER than the ones you see on the Food Network and the TLC shows like Cake Boss! lol

2. jj@bellsouth.net'jay says

The armadillo cake is awesome! Wonder if it is red velvet on the inside like on Steel Magnolias!?!

3. rebeccalyn.bilodeau@gmail.com'Gardenatrix says

Pure awesome! But I’m with Clare: I think I’d have a hard time eating one. How do I get to have my cake and eat it, too?

4. midnight1995@live.com'jojo says

whoa i love how the look i wish i could br taught this skill! dang it amazez me how ppl can do art so well in many different ways

5. zara0z@yahoo.com'Britney says

There are awesome, I actually want to try having these kind of cake for my son birthday. Anybody knows where I can order them?

6. cherylmillard@rocketmail.com'Cheryl D Millard says

On the leather jacket cake, I would have the lining lighter and put a label with the persons name on it. It is incredibly realistic down to the texture and stitches.