These are cakes? Great examples of creative bakery

octopus-cake

At the Highland Bakery in Atlanta GA these amazingly detailed cakes are made by Karen Portaleo. She got inspiration to be a cake decorator one day when she noticed that the cakes in her friend’s bakery didn’t have any creations. With a background in clay sculpturing she taught herself how to create spectacular decorations for cakes.

Portaelo has made cakes that look like a giant octopus, Darth Vader, a rhino and many other. Speaking of being creative with food, check out how food can be transformed  into landscapes for tiny human figures.

whale-cake

rhyno-cake pug-cake groundhog-cake groundhog-cake2 crab-cake armadillo-cake vader-cake playstation-cake london-cake jacket-cake corn-cake books-cake tools-cake zombi-cake

Comments

1. NR says

These are way BETTER than the ones you see on the Food Network and the TLC shows like Cake Boss! lol

2. jay says

The armadillo cake is awesome! Wonder if it is red velvet on the inside like on Steel Magnolias!?!

3. Gardenatrix says

Pure awesome! But I’m with Clare: I think I’d have a hard time eating one. How do I get to have my cake and eat it, too?

4. jojo says

whoa i love how the look i wish i could br taught this skill! dang it amazez me how ppl can do art so well in many different ways

5. Britney says

There are awesome, I actually want to try having these kind of cake for my son birthday. Anybody knows where I can order them?

6. Cheryl D Millard says

On the leather jacket cake, I would have the lining lighter and put a label with the persons name on it. It is incredibly realistic down to the texture and stitches.