“In a perfect world”, illustrates how life should be

weather-man

You know in life when there are things that you are used to but at the same time annoy you? Those things are exactly what artist Catrin Dulay has tried to express using illustrations with fun messages. The world would be so perfect if everybody had a pen, if all the machines accepted wrinkled dollar bills, that all stickers peel off clean, etc.

Illustrations with clever messages are used by other artists as well, like these guys that wanted to show how ironic life would be if everything was upside down in our lives.

stickers someone-always-has-a-pen people-respond pencil-load page-tears-out missing-sock milk-for-cerial markers-on-page dollars-accepted-in-machines bags-of-chips all-of-the-popcornallergies the-shoe-will-come-in-your- the-driver-in-front paper-jams alarm-clock power-outlet battrery-always-full omlette-never-breaks that-thing-you-want the-chapstick

Comments

1. tgt114 says

I’m pretty sure they didn’t mean to say omelette, but fried egg. In an omelette the yolk is already broken.

2. Kirsi says

I loovee this. And yes, they meant omelette. But theyu didn’t mean like.. yolk broken. They mean it falling apart as you’re trying to flip it.

3. Loves To Spooge says

The reason that chip/crisp bags aren’t full is because they leave room for nitrogen gas which helps keep the produce fresher for longer.

4. Gareth says

————————————————–
    Because gas takes up so much room!

5. auto-nom-nom-mous says

even if the bag was full there would still be plenty of room for the nitrogen ffs.
    all it is wasteful tut tut

6. Kasey says

Actually, they leave air in there so it’s cushioned and the chips don’t get crushed.

7. Axel says

1. No its so they will look bigger, the reasons you give is what they will tell you, not the real reason.

2. The AM / PM thing is ridiculous. America, stop being retarded. “military time” anyone? Welcome to the real world.

8. AMERICA says

_______________________________________________

Ok, i stopped, now what?

9. G says

I’m just going to say it: THESE ARE THOUGHTLESS, IDIOTIC POSTERS.

They presume a naive, materialistic assumption of ‘perfect life.’ I don’t give a sh*t as to if my omlette breaks if I don’t have enough cash to buy eggs.

I don’t really know why these make me so angry, and perhaps I’m overreacting, but just give it a thought. If we’re so caught with the volume of chapstick we have remaining, how are we ever to find the time to think about real, important issues in life, such as our inability to capture the sock-eating species found in dryers.

10. Make peace not war says

Please do not assume that all American’s do not use Military time. Every job that I have had and have now use’s military time. Our alarm clocks have the options of military time as well. Our military use’s military time. I personally do not assume anything about another country from the internet or word of mouth. I so hope that you are not prejudging all of us over one idiot. I personally would not judge you until I got to know you. No matter what race, color or country you were from.

11. qlsd says

How about, instead of using military time, we learn to spare five seconds to check if we’ve set our clock correctly.

12. shendy says

let me add one more: there is always a roll of toilet paper when you need one while in the toilet.

13. mark says

you basically saying that a world without any minor human errors is a perfect world for you

14. Yaodude says

What a boring world would that be… Always knowing what to expect.

I’d rather live as miserably as I am already living than what was posted here.

15. Matthew Neville says

In a perfect world i think people would all think the same and act the same and also dress the same. Also maybe in a perfect world people will all be like dodgem cars or a pinball machines and keep bumping into each other without actually getting anywhere. if we were all cloned which i do not agree with but it will happen one day then everyone would actually think like each other and not be able to have conversations with each other and live in a place on their own and there would be no way of finding their own identity.

16. Scott says

I too think that, in a perfect world, there would be no Pearl Jam. Oh, paper jam? uh.. ok.

17. Joie says

In a world like this, I would get bored. What would we talk about. Every story needs a conflict!

18. Weez says

@ Matthew Neville
    i really hope that’s sarcasm.
    if not, i hope i’m allowed to kill myself in your world, cause i really don’t want to live there.

but, you know, whatever works for you.

19. Pepsi says

Lol, clones won’t be able to think differently? Every brain chemistry is different. Every thought process is different because none of us live the same moments. So your idea that 6 billion people like myself (or you) would create a boring world is wrong. But what that will do is make any process easier coz we won’t need any f*cking diplomats!!!!!!

20. Anonymous says

Because these are the most important things in life that I just wish were solved right now.

21. Catrina says

I didn’t say these illustrations showed big problems. I said they were little problems. It’s all just for fun. I think some people are taking these a bit too seriously.

22. nicole says

Some people are taking these waaaaay to seriously. These are FANTASTIC and brilliant in their simplicity.