This year was an incredible one. It was filled with happiness, beautiful moments, but also tragedy and sadness. Much has happened across the Globe, and we can only thank photographers for being there to capture these heart-moving moments. Some of them are too much to endure, while others prove that there is still hope for humanity. Suddenly, all of my problems seem less important. The following photos really put things in perspective, and while some of them are sad, the message is positive. Live every day with all your might, do not be sad, because somewhere, out there, someone is having a harder time than you, also, never turn away from the problems of other people. We hope these pictures will give you an idea of the world you live in.
1. Twelve year old Nicholas is embraced by his father C.O. Vaudin of the Signal Regiment, on his return from Afghanistan
2. Demonstrator from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, is shot with rubber bullets by the police force, during a protest against corruption and price hikes.
3. Female topless activist from the Ukraine feminist movement is kicked by a man in front of the Great Mosque of Paris, when she raises her fist in protest against Islamists.
Image Credits – AFP – Getty Images
4. Losing the Battle With Fire: A man from Pakistan falls from the burning LDA Building right after the photo was taken.
Image Credits: Damir Sagolj – Photographer
A man wearing traditional white Pakistani clothes disappeared from the window back into the burning building. A minute later, a different man wearing black emerged from inside, but it looked like someone was holding his lifeless body. The body was slowly pushed over the edge of the window and then released. Twenty seconds later the man in white came out again. He sat calmly for a few seconds in the open window with his back turned outwards and then just fell. Source: WiderImage Reuters
5. Burning Man 2013: More than 60.000 people gather together for a week of art, and music, in the great outdoors.
6. Little Boy Cries Out and Holds Mother’s Leg in front of their House, after a 6.6 Earthquake Hit.
Image Credits: Jason Lee, Reuters
April 21, 2013: Rescuers poured into a remote corner of southwestern China on Sunday as the death toll climbed to 164, and number of injured to 6.700. (Longmen village, Lushan County in Ya’an, Sichuan)
7. Rescue Officials Near the Crash of Asiana Airlines Boeing 777 Plane on July 6,2013. Two people were killed, and 130 hospitalized.
Image Credits: Jed Jacobsohn – Reuters
8. A child is rescued from the rubble of a collapsed residential building from Mumbai, India.
9. Two Engineers lose their life when a windmill they were working on catches fire. This is the last photo taken of them alive, on October 29th 2013.
10. Bearer Party Carries Margaret Thatcher’s Coffin to her Funeral Service at St. Paul’s Cathedral
Image Credits: Stefan Wermuth, Reuters
11. Man Without Arms and Feet, Swimming with Sharks in Singapore
Image Credits: Edgar Su
12. Alexander Bragg Falling of his Horse During the Bramham International Horse Trials
Image Credits: Anthony Chepel-Ross / The Press, York
13. Dog Keeping Worm in Somebody’s Jacket, on London Pavement
Image Credits: Stefan Wermuth – Reuters
14. Free Syrian Army Fighter Being Treated at Mah’sareen field Hospital.
15. Man Walking through the Rubble of the Great Mosque of Aleppo in Syria
Image Credits: Jack Hill, The Times
16. Awesome Image of World Economic Forum Attendees, as they Check Their Phones (Davos, Switzerland)
Image Credits: Jeson Alden – Bloomberg
17. A Bahraini Anti-Government Protester Catches Flames After his Gasoline Bomb is Hit by Bullet Fired from Police Officials
Image Credits: Hasen Jamall – AP
18. Protester With Anonymus Mask Holding Brazilian Flag in Front of the Burning Barricade, Rio de Janeiro
19. Firefighter Trying to Extinguish Rim Fire on a Hillside near Groveland, California.
Image Credits: Justin Sullivan – Getty Images
Over 2000 firefighters are battling with the flames that threaten to destroy 4500 homes near the Yosemite National Park.
20. The Embrace of Death: Unknown Couple Trying to Save Each Other from the Death Trap of Savar Rana Plaza.
Image Credits: Tasuma Akhter, Savar Dhaka, Bangladesh
21. Bolt of Lightning Hits St. Peter’s Dome on the day that Pope Benedict Announces he Will be Stepping Down.
Image Credits: ABC News
22. Terrorist Attack at the Boston Marathon: First Explosion Knocks Down Runner at the Finish Line. Police Officers draw their Guns and Attempt to Protect Contestants.
Image Credits: John Tlumachi – Boston Globe, Getty Images
23. Indian youth tries to save his life by hanging on to the power line before diving in the flood waters of the Overflowing Ganges River.
Image Credits: Sanjay Janjia – AFP – Getty Images
24. Grandmother Tammy Holmes tries to protect her grandchildren from a Wildfire in Dunalley, Australia
25. Daughter Renata Teodoro holds hands through bars of border fence with her mother, that was deported 6 years ago from the U.S.
26. Unknown Woman Tries to Protect a Wounded Person from a Military Bulldozer during the Clashes Between security Forces and Opposition Groups in Cairo.
Image Credits: Mohammed Abdei Monelm – AFP – Getty Images
27. Young Man Jumps from the Yangtze River Bridge, Following Another Person That Committed Suicide a Few Minutes Earlier.
STR – AFP – Getty Images
28. Chinese Tourists Run Away from Tidal Waves that Broke Along the Qiangtang River in Haining, China.
Image Credits: Getty Images
29. Pope Francis Blessing and Praying with a Severely Disfigured Man
Image Credits: Claudio Peri – Epa – Landov
30. Mother Gives Birth to Bea Joy in a Makeshift Clinic after a Typhoon Devastated Tacloban.
Image Credits: Erik de Castro – Reuters