Clear skin is he greatest accessory a woman can wear and properly taking care of your skin requires a lot of attention and a little effort. Here are 50 tips on how to get perfectly clear skin.
1. If every month you struggle with breakouts, try reducing the intake of alcohol and dairy products. You will notice your skin condition will improve,an extremely important factor when asking how to get clear skin.
2. One of the biggest mistakes you can do is sleeping with your make up on. Keep make up wipes next to your bed and clean your face if you don’t want breakouts in the morning.
3. Berries are highly rich in antioxidants and Vitamin C, and they keep under control your blood sugar levels. It is known that sugar can be the cause for acne and eating berries will lower the risk for pimples.
4. This a trick on how to get clear skin naturally. Physical exercise is a very important factor in keeping your skin clear. It is advised to exercise 15 minutes every day, to eliminate toxins in your body and maintain clear skin.
5. Wear an SPF cream every day. This will prevent wrinkles and dark spots. Dark spot correctors can diminish the appearance of marks over time.
6. When working out, it is a must to wash your face before and after the training. Exercising with make up on, will combine with sweat and will clog the pores.
7. Keeping your body hydrated is critical for clear skin. Dehydration can cause breakouts, because when dry, the skin is producing more oil than necessary, which leads to break outs. Drink lots of water!
8. When a pimple appears out of nowhere and you need to get rid of it immediately, use a spot treatment, like Clinique Acne Solution Spot Healing Gel. It will help zap pimples in 12 hours, little trick on how to get clear skin overnight.
9. Grapefruits is filled with antioxidants, and using products that contain grapefruit will help your skin look more alive, fresher and and cleaner.
10. Body acne can be prevented by avoiding remaining sweaty as much as possible. Use a salicylic acid shower wash right after you workout to avoid your pores clogging.
11. It is recommended that you don’t squeeze out your pimples and just let them heal on their own. If you cant resists try doing it at home after your hands are sterilized. Take a small needle and rub it with alcohol, gently puncture the white head of the pimple. Take a clean cotton pad and press on both sides of the pimple until is drained. Cover the area with a bandage to keep it clean while its healing.
12. Change your pillow case at least once a week, as oil from your hair will get on it.
13. Rosewater is very soothing and is great for every skin type. It evens out redness and calms irritation.
14. Smoking is very bad for the skin, as it dulls it and provokes blotchiness and wrinkles. Quit smoking!
15. When having blemishes try as much as you can not to touch it or pick at it. The oil and germs on your fingers are a risk of infection, which can lead to scars.
16. Try choosing moisturizers and products that are stored in tubes instead of jars. The bacteria from your hands that touches the cream every time you apply it remains in the jar and goes on your face. If you are using a jar, use a cotton pad to apply the cream.
17. Products with benzoyl peroxide that reduce blemishes are only good for three months tops, after they have been opened. After that, the ingredients stop working.
18. People with dry skin should choose a face oil instead of a lightweight cream. The all day hydration given by the oil, will improve your skin.
19. Make sure, you exfoliate your skin at least twice a week. Those with sensitive skin should go for a more gentle exfoliator that can be used more often.
20. If your skin irritates easily, try using skin care products that contain goat milk. Because of its stabilised PF level, goat milk is not acid and doesn’t cause irritations and offers an even complexion.
21. Even if you heard that putting Vaseline on your face every night, will prevent wrinkles, that is false. However, putting a thin layer of Vaseline on your skin, can seal moisture and your skin will feel smoother in the morning.
22. Too much chocolate can cause breakouts, but the acne is activated by the sugar in the chocolate.
23. It has been proven that Botox reduces acne and improves the sebum production and reduces the size of your pores.
24. Always avoid skin care products that contain alcohol, especially if you have dry skin. Alcohol will only dry your skin even more.
25. Avoid skin care products that are fragranced, no matter if it is a face or body wash. Fragrances are irritants of the skin, and cause redness and allergies.
26. If you avoid sunscreens because they are too greasy, find a lightweight non greasy one, and stop dangerous UV rays from damaging your face. Studies have shown that even exposure to sun rays trough glass can damage your skin.
27. If you are into DIY beauty care, use milk to get clean smooth skin. Take a wash cloth and dampen it with milk and put it on your face and leave it for 10 minutes. For the full body effect, add a cup o milk to your bath water.Another trick on how to get clear skin naturally.
28. A microdermabrasion at the spa will minimise and tighten your pores while moisturising it.
29. There is a product for pale skin girls that will make the skin clear and luminous: St. Tropez Skin Illuminator.
30. When puting make up on, it is advised to style your hair before. If you have make up on your face while you are blow drying your hair, the heat will melt your foundation which will seal your pores.
31. If you have an ingrown hair on your face, put on it a ho compress to open the pores and leave it on for 10 minutes. It will soften the hair. Then, take a slanted tweezer to pluck the hair out and wash the area to avoid infection.
32. This is a critical habitat when talking about how to get clear skin. Avoid touching your face during the day. Your hands pick bacteria from every surface they touch and once arriving on the face, the bacteria will set. So hands of your face!
33. Coconut oil is a wonder product for moisturizing and smoothing your skin, Miranda Kerr is a huge fan of this trick. Add coconut oil to your daily diet and you will notice the difference.
34. If you are wondering how to get clear smooth skin and you are looking for an amazing homemade scrub, mix coconut oil with baking soda. It will help your face with eczema.
35. It has been proven that a moderated amount of wine can act as a shield against harmful UV rays.
36. Green tea is an great antioxidant and has anti inflammatory properties, fighting against bacteria and free radicals that are a threat for your skin. Try drinking one cup of green tea every day.
37. If you want to have less breakouts during the summer, give up on most of your products and try using a tinted moisturiser with SPF.
38. Vitamin E is great at healing scars, but use it carefully, as too much will overdo it. At night, at bedtime, dab some vitamin E on your scar and let it do its work over night.
39. When the season is changing, so should your skin care routine. Replace the heavy cream used during winter, with a light weight moisturiser in the summer, in this way, your skin will not be taking more product than it needs during the warm period.
40. When asking yourself how to get clear skin and keep it that way, remember this next critical habit.Get the habit of washing your face in the morning and at night, if you can’t remember, set a reminder for three weeks. Once you have done it for two weeks, you will already be used to with, and will do it as a routine.
41. Quick tip on how to get clear skin fast. Using retinoids when going to bed, will help treat the acne and make the spots disappear.
42. Yoga is a great stress reliever and it is known that acne is also caused by stress. Fighting stress by every means possible will reduce blemishes.
43. If you haven’t yet found a spot treatment for acne that works for you, try 100% tea tree oil on the affected areas before bedtime. You will wake up with a fresher complexion.
44. Clean your glasses and sunglasses with alcohol to remove bacteria that may be living on them.
45. Bangs, can lead to breakouts on your forehead because of the oil excess from your hair. Try washing your bangs every day, or if you don’t have the time, pin your bangs up when the hair starts getting oily.
46. Knowing what skin type you have, would help you a lot in treating it better. Dry, oily, normal, there are special products for each, and you should look for those which best fit the needs of your skin.
47. Wash your make up brushes every two weeks. You wont believe the amount of bacteria that builds up in just two weeks. Use warm water and shampoo to clean your brushes and rinse them very well.
48. Don’t overdo it with washing your face. Even though clean skin means clear skin, washing your face too often can cause irritations and do more harm than good.
49. Stay away from oil based foundations or any other such product, as the oil will clog pores which leads to breakouts.
50. After washing your face, use a toner, if you have oily skin. Any excess make up and germs will be removed and your skin will be fresh.
Image Source: HUDABEAUTY
Image Source: Glow30Image Source: McKenzie Renae
Image Source: Unilever
Image Source: PRIMPED
Image Source: CoconutOil
Image Source: Healthy Heels