Bluetooth headphones allow you to take your music wherever you go, without the hassle of cords and connections. 2018 has seen some amazing headphones already released, so we’re here to show you which ones are the best and what type of user they might suit.
There’s no doubt that headphones have been one of the most important technological innovations we’ve ever had, with most people today owning at least one pair. Headphones give you private access to sounds and music, whether you’re at the gym and need some motivational music, watching a movie on an aeroplane, or talking to the office as you commute to and from work.
Price & Rating
7.09 x 7.56 x 1.25 in
7.09 x 2.95 x 8.46 in
Foldable, Noise-Canceling, wireless
3.2 x 6.7 x 7.1 in
Bluetooth, Lithium-ion battery
22.8 x 0.67 x 1.02 in
Sports & Exercise
7.29 x 2.92 x 9.81 in
-Sony WH-1000XM2 Wireless Bluetooth Noise Cancelling Over-Ear Headphones -Touch Controls -Rechargeable Battery -Includes Carrying Case, USB Cable, Connection Cable, Plug Adaptor and Owner’s Manual -Black and Gold Models Available
8.1 x 7.8 x 9 in
Sports & Exercise
6 x 8 x 2 in
7.4 x 4 x 9.9 in
21.5 x 0.5 x 0.9 in
Bluetooth headphones are the way of the future and they offer you a fuss-free listening device that’s not complicated by cords. These wireless wonders connect directly to your smartphone or another device to be more than just plug in headphones, giving you access to your contacts and music without ever needing to touch the screen.
Just like any other form of electronics though, it’s hard to find the good amongst the inferior. That’s why we’ve compiled this thorough guide of the best Bluetooth headphones of 2018 and what each one can offer to your listening style.
Our Top 10 Picks For The Best Bluetooth Headphones
We’ve done the hard work and found the best Bluetooth headphones of 2018 so that you don’t have to search any longer. These headphones are judged on style, sound quality, extra features, and cost so that you’ll be able to find the perfect fit with ease.
- Listen to your tunes and never miss a call.
- Ultra-lightweight and adjustable headband fits all head-types.
- Durable stainless steel headband and dirt resistant fabric for life on the move.
If you’ve already spent some time looking at Bluetooth headphones you probably know how expensive they can get. Jabra Move Wireless are an exception to this rule, and they’ve managed to make a quality pair that won’t break the bank. This is the perfect pair of headphones for people who like simplicity but still want quality audio.
The Jabra Move Wireless headphones will easily cost under $100, and they’re suitable for everyone from couch potatoes to fitness fanatics. The only real issue is the lack of noise cancellation so if you plan on using them somewhere that’s extremely noisy, you might want to keep looking.
These headphones are lightweight so you’ll barely notice them, and they have bold colors with a simple design. The audio quality is far better than you’d expect at this price so although there is a little leakage you’ll get full sound from them when you need it. Definitely a top pick for those on a budget who don’t want to give up on wireless headphones.
- Compact, foldable design : Flat and foldable, easily slip them into your bag. Plus, you can take them anywhere, thanks...
- Active Noise Cancellation: Whether you're listening to a book on your commute, catching some sleep on the plane or...
- Long-lasting battery: Get 15 hours of playback with both Bluetooth and Active Noise Cancellation turned on and up to 30...
AKG is known for making headphones that sit about mid-range in terms of price, but far greater in quality. Their N60NC Wireless Headphones are an on-ear style that will look cool and deliver exceptional sound. The only downfall is that after some time you could find this style uncomfortable, especially if you’re trying to work out with them.
In terms of size, they’re actually quite compact, so you can easily hold onto them wherever you go. You’ll get around 15 hours of battery life from them which will last you a solid day of listening until it’s time to recharge again before the next day.
You can expect to pay around $200 for a pair of these, and the sound quality makes it very worthwhile. They offer exceptional noise cancelling properties that you usually don’t find on mid-range headphones like this, and that alone makes them fantastic value for money.
- Three levels of world-class noise cancellation for better listening experience in any environment
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up
When you want the very best in audio, you know that you can look to Bose to deliver. Their range of headphones is no different, and especially the QuietComfort 35 Mk. 2, with its industry-leading noise cancelling technology. For those who crave the power of noise cancellation, there really is no better choice.
The price of a pair of Bose headphones is always quite high, and in this case around $450, but for some people, there’s no other brand that they’ll trust. Some have found the original Bose QuietComfort to be of equal sound quality and at a cheaper price, so if you're looking to spend a little less then this could work too.
An impressive battery life of over 20 hours means you could take these on an international flight with ease. Bose has also added Google Assistant into the headphones for some extra capabilities, which would suit people who want more than just music from their gadgets.
- Premium Sound and Compatibility: The BE Sport3 feature high quality drivers for distortion-free sound at any volume...
- Durable and Fun Design: Crafted with an aluminum exterior and polycarbonate inner ear section, the BE Sport3 headphones...
- Long Battery Life: Users can continuously use the headphones up to 10 hours without recharging.
Coming in as one of the top picks and also the best value for money is the Optoma NuForce BE Sports 3. These are directed at people who like to work hard and play hard as they use their headphones, with a focus on sports but an ability to deliver everywhere else.
A pair of these sports earbuds will cost around $130 which is pretty amazing when you hear their sound quality. They’re rated IP55 which means they’re sweat, rain, and dust resistant, so perfect for anyone who likes to work out no matter the weather or conditions.
There’s a remote attached to one of the cables that can get annoying, and even feel as though it's weighing the whole thing done. This small design feature aside you’d be hard pressed finding a better pair of sports headphones at this price and of this comfort level, so it’s something that we’ll let slide.
- DIGITAL NOISE CANCELATION: Industry leading noise canceling eliminates distracting background noises
- SMART LISTENING: Quickly detects your activity to automatically adjust the ambient sounds you hear
- QUICK ATTENTION MODE: Cover the right ear cup to turn down your music for instant, easy conversation; Battery Charge...
Sony has always been known for making superior headphones, and they managed to knock it out of the park with the WH-1000XM2 Headphones. These noise-cancelling headphones are similar in design and price to the Bose offering, but they manage to be that little bit better in sound and extra features.
Some of the extras you’ll get include an option to use an ambient noise mode that will only let high-frequency sounds come in. so if you’re waiting at the airport and an announcement is made, you’ll be able to hear it come through. This type of technology alone makes the Sony headphones a standout, as long as you can afford the $400+ price tag.
The hinges on these headphones can be a little fragile, so you have to give them more care than you’d expect to at this price. We can certainly overlook that for the quality of sound though and exceptional noise cancelling qualities.
- Listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound with a customizable equalizer
- Jabra Elite 65t are third generation true wireless earbuds, and Jabra has a proven track record of excellent true...
- Up to 5 hours of battery, and with additional power from the included pocket-friendly charging case, you can enjoy up to...
When you want a pair of true wireless headphones, you can look no further than the Jabra Elite Sport True Wireless Earbuds. These compact but powerful little devices will deliver sound that you didn’t realize was possible on something of this size, and their comfortable fit is like nothing else you've ever felt.
The Jabra Elite offers over 22 hours of battery life which is pretty impressive, so they’re perfect for just about anything you need them for. Special mention has to go for those physical activities though as these headphones held up to the most strenuous running, jumping, and exercising that we’ve ever done.
In terms of cost, they’re not as much as you’d think, and you can get a pair for around $300. They do come with extras like heart rate monitor but we found it to be not so accurate, so perhaps Jabra should just stick to perfecting their sound and comfort instead.
- Audio Quality: Immersive, high-res sound, and powerful speaker drivers deliver the right balance of rich bass, crisp...
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC):Switch on active noise cancelling (ANC) to minimize ambient noise while working or...
- 24-hour streaming / listen longer: Enjoy up to 24 hours of wireless music, movies and calls before choosing the cabled...
Some people have a need for headphones that can outlast the others in terms of battery power, and Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2 can offer just that. If you’re someone who travels a lot or doesn’t have access to a charging point that often, these headphones will last for over 24 hours from a single charge which is pretty phenomenal.
These headphones are mid-range in terms of price, with a pair setting you back about $250. When compared to other brands like Sony and Bose, this is pretty cheap, and the audio that it offers can almost stack up to them as well. Some have found the bass to be a bit much at times, so keep this in mind for your listening.
For travellers, there’s really no better choice than these, and with an on-ear design, they’re probably better suited to those who don’t run around a lot. They offer superior noise cancelling at a low price and will be a faithful companion for even the longest plane rides overseas.
- Up to 8 hours of battery life for when you're on the go
- With Fast Fuel, a 5-minute charge gives you 2 hours of playback when battery is low
- Take calls, control your music and activate Siri with RemoteTalk
If you want a simple earbud that will stay put and give you decent sound, the Beats X headphones are for you. Compared to their more popular on-ear styles, these earbuds give the iPhone Air a run for their money and will end up costing you around $150 to invest in.
Where these earbuds fall short though is their lack of noise isolation and a pretty average fidelity, so if the sound is the biggest factor for you when buying earbuds then keep moving. However, they are fairly priced compared to others and can charge in just 5 minutes, which makes them pretty useful too.
Beats is definitely one of the leaders in headphones and this is one of their cheaper offerings, but don’t expect the sound quality that you get with the more expensive end of their range. If you want something quality, durable, and easy to charge though, these are the ones for you.
- Noise Gard hybrid active noise cancellation blocks ambient noise using 4 microphones for ultimate isolation to...
- 22 hour battery life with both Bluetooth and Noise Gard activated to ensure performance during long commutes or plane...
- Technology uses 2 built-in microphones working seamlessly to improve voice quality and remove external noise during...
When money is no object in your search for the best Bluetooth headphones, you won’t have any qualms spending around $400 on the Sennheiser Momentum Wireless set. These look expensive, produce clear and quality sound, and will last you for years to come, so they’re definitely a smart investment if you can afford it.
The Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Headphones offer premium sound, and much better than most on our list. The price is a lot to contend with though, which can put plenty of people off, especially since you can get something of similar quality for around $100 less.
People who take their music and audio very seriously will want to invest in these headphones, and not only do they deliver in sound but they are perfect noise cancelling devices as well. They’re comfortable, stylish, and do as they promise, so they seem to tick all of the boxes.
- MINI WIRELESS BUDS - The X3 Headphones by Jaybird are designed to be as small as possible without sacrificing...
- UNIVERSAL SECURE FIT -The patented silicone ear fins securely attach to the top and back/lower surface areas of the ear...
- SWEAT-PROOF - Built to last with a sleek yet rugged design, the X3 Headphones are great for sports, workouts, and all...
If you’ve been searching for a pair of Bluetooth headphones that will be the ultimate workout buddy, you can stop now that you have the Jaybird X3. These are the choice of serious athletes and it’s all thanks to their rugged style, comfortable fit, and serious sound quality.
A pair of Jaybird X3 Headphones will cost under $150 and if you’ve ever used cheaper sports headphones before you know how annoying they can be to your workout. With these, you won’t even feel them in your ears but will benefit from their amazing sound and comfort as you work out.
One area that could do with improvement is the Bluetooth connection, as there seem to be quite a few users who have noticed signals dropping out. Once this has been rectified though, there’s no reason we wouldn’t be able to call these the absolute best Bluetooth headphones for fitness fanatics.
Finding The Best Fit For You
Headphones are a very personal investment and there’s never going to be just one pair that rules them all. People have different listening styles that warrant different features from their headphones, so you really need to consider where, when, and how you’ll use yours to get the right one.
Although 2018 is not yet over, we’re confident that these headphones will remain the best of the year. Bluetooth headphones used to get a bad rap for their sound quality, but these prove that the technology has certainly improved. Once you’ve experienced the sound that comes from these listening devices, you’ll be a Bluetooth convert for life.