There’s no tool more important to a gamer than their keyboard, and having the right device can mean the difference between an average and an excellent gaming experience. We’ve found the best gaming keyboards of 2019 to show you what the latest and greatest have to offer your next virtual experience.
Ask any gamer and they’ll tell you how important their keyboard is. It doesn’t matter what genre of games you play or what your skill level, having the best gaming keyboard is the most important investment you’ll ever make.
2019 has been a huge year for these gaming tools and it’s revealed so many great options for new gaming keyboards. We’ve found the best gaming keyboards of 2019 and what they offer the modern gamer, so you can find the perfect fit.
- 16.8M RGB ambient lighting color options
- 3 adjustable leg angles (optional palm rest)
- 50 million durable cycle life for the keys. Cable Length: 6 feet
Any gamer worth his salt knows the Alienware name, and if you want something that one of the most trusted brands in the industry are behind then this is it. The Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard is their flagship design and works just as well for gaming and typing applications, so there’s no need to ever switch.
Alienware has created this keyboard with an angular design that’s not too common these days, but it somehow works, provided you have the other compatible Alienware gear. It also features a cool RGB LED light display and a durable design, so it has everything you’d come to expect in a gaming keyboard.
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and rugged...
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access up to three stored profiles on the go,...
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with Light Edge: Adjust each key's color and illumination level in addition to...
Although this is one of the more expensive options, those who take their gaming experience very seriously won’t mind paying extra. The Corsair K95 features Cherry MX Speed Silver switches that make it fast and accurate with every press of the keys, especially more so than the previous model. They’ve also improved the design somewhat so there’s a whole lot you can appreciate in the newer version.
The Corsair K95 has grown in size since its last model but it’s still one of the more compact styles out there. It lights up with brilliant effects and will be a quiet but powerful tool for your gaming adventures. You have the option of storing saved profiles for your different needs, and it couldn’t be smoother to operate. All up, the extra costs are certainly worth it when it comes to the Corsair K95.
- Ultra-thin and Light, Compact Design, 13.94"* 5"* 0.89", only 520g, thinner and lighter than traditional mechanical...
- Latest Kailh Blue Switch -- Low Profile Switches, 11.5mm switch height, 6mm ultra-thin suspended keycap, 3mm key travel...
- Unique Ice Blue LED Light, Multiple Backlight Modes, Fn+F1-F5 for Customizing, Fn+F12 for Saving Your Setting, Fn+F6-F11...
Those who prefer to game on mechanical keyboards only will have a great solution in the Havit HV-KB390L device. The only real downfall with this tool is that it can’t be customized a whole lot, so you have to be happy with what they give you. Although it looks simple in design it’s anything but, and its compact size will serve you well.
The Havit HV-KB390L uses low profile blue switches which means the keys will feel shorter than you’re used to. The result is a lot faster keystrokes so this can help for both gaming and typing, and they deliver a very satisfying click as well.
- World's fastest RGB mechanical gaming keyboard: Exclusive Romer-G Mechanical Switches with up to 25 percent faster...
- Customizable RGB illumination: Personalize individual key lighting from a palette of 16 million colors ; Cable Length...
- Arx Control App and smartphone dock: Instantly access in-game data on your smartphone or tablet without interrupting the...
Logitech definitely knows how to make gamer happy, and this can be witnessed first hand with the G910. This is the more streamlined version of the previous model and it’s given them a chance to iron out the kinds, which they have done to perfection.
The only issue with the Logitech G910 is the Arx Dock which seems to work better in theory than reality. Once they can perfect this then it will be near perfect itself, albeit with a slightly high price tag. There are plenty of cool features like preloaded profiles, lighting, nine dedicated macros and 113 key rollover, just to name a few.
- Nixeus Certified MX Compatible Mechanical Key Switches
- Brown Switch: 55g Actuation Force with Soft Tactile Feedback
- Key Switch Rating: Up to 50 Million Keystrokes for Durability and Long Life
As one of the cheapest on our list, you can be forgiven for thinking that the Nixeus Moda Pro might not be as impressive. However, this keyboard has a small but impressive list of features and offers a comfortable and accurate typing or gaming experience, so it’s got everything you could ever ask, and all at a budget-friendly price.
The Nixeus Moda Pro is responsive and sturdily built so it would suit those who give their gaming gear a thrashing. You can use it for gaming or typing and it will serve you just as well in either application, meaning you save even more money from investing in anything else in the future.
- MECHA-MEMBRANE KEYS - Soft cushioned membrane rubber dome with a crisp tactile mechanical click
- MID-HEIGHT KEYCAPS: Custom designed keycaps for quicker actuation without missing a single stroke
- INDIVIDUALLY BACKLIT KEYS: Powered by Razer Chroma with 16.8 million customizable color options
When you don’t have a lot of money to spend and also need a keyboard that can serve you for more than just gaming, your options are usually limited. That’s where the Razer Ornata comes in to save the day, offering functionality, versatility, and affordability all rolled into one.
The Razer Ornata doesn’t skimp on the typing experience but it does skimp on some features. If you’re after simplicity but a pleasant keyboard feel then it’s got everything you need. Using their new switch design you’ll be able to benefit from the advancements they’ve made to get smooth typing that will help you excel at whatever you’re doing.
- Membranical keys - with precise midway travel actuation point
- AIMO lighting system - intelligent illumination harmonized across devices
- RGB illumination - configurable multicolor lighting with multiple zones
The aim of the Roccat Horde is to prove that a good gaming keyboard doesn’t always have to be mechanical, so instead this one is “membranical”. This means it uses mechanical key switches and silicone mechanisms, which it manages to do surprisingly well. The result is fast typing speeds and a comfortable feel while you’re gaming.
The Roccat Horde has plenty of noteworthy features that you might not expect on something at this price point. There’s the dedicated media keys, reduced ghosting, and a tuning wheel, but it balances out these good points with some bad. The backlighting is dim which takes away from the experience somewhat and you won’t get much support from the wrist rest, so weigh up what’s important to you.
- NEW RAZER OPTO-MECHANICAL SWITCH: Optical light sensor inside the switch with an actuation distance of 1.5 mm (30%...
- KEY STABILIZER BAR: For precise, balanced actuation with every key press
- MAGNETIC LEATHERETTE WRIST REST: Made of plush leatherette for long lasting comfort. Features Razer Chroma enabled...
When money is no object to your gaming experience, you might want to check out the Razer Hunstman Elite. It might cost more than most others on our list but it’s got a tactile feel that can’t be beat, making most gamers insanely happy.
What makes this such a standout is how Razer has taken their mechanical switches and integrated them with optical sensors. The result is actuation like you’ve never experienced and the most accurate typing experience. There is no USB passthrough and you need two cords to run it, but if you ask us it’s more than worth it.
- ROCCAT Titan Switches - tactile and crisp brown mechanical switches
- AIMO illumination - RGB backlighting and LED lighting effects
- Durable design - robust materials and switches that resist dust build-up
Roccat is another brand who decided to ditch the Cherry MX switches and come up with their own custom design, and we’re pleased to say it worked in their favor. Using this keyboard is more comfortable than you could ever imagine and you'll gladly play on it all day and night if only you could get the time off work.
The Roccat Vulcan has the most gorgeous lighting we’ve seen so far and you’d be proud to display this keyboard on your desk. However, it’s pretty expensive without many other features other than its comfort and key switches, so it depends on what your preference is.
- Cooler Master Floating Per Key Hybrid Switch Mem-Chanical Tactile Feel and Clicky Switch, Omron Mouse Switch, USB 2.0
- Floating Per Key Full RGB LED Backlit keyboard and 3 Zone RGB LED Lighting Mouse
- 9 RGB LED Keyboard Effects, 2 Active Effects Mouse
Cooler Master has delivered what no other gaming keyboard did this year – an exceptional keyboard at a record price packaged with a mouse. Sure, the mouse isn’t the best part of the whole package but when you look just at the keyboard alone it doesn’t even matter. What makes things even better is that it costs less than $100 which you just don’t find anymore.
The Cooler Master MasterSet keyboard is a ‘mem-chanical’ keyboard and you’d be easily fooled into thinking it was one of the more expensive options. It has amazing lighting, a compact build, and is extremely smooth to use. A must-have for gamers on a budget who still have high expectations.
- Six dynamic lighting effects with a signature integrated 18 LED light bar
- Solid steel frame provides durability and stability. Cable Length 1.8m. Light effects 6 LED modes and 4 brightness...
- CHERRY MX mechanical keys for reliability. OS compatibility-Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7
Who said you have to spend a lot of money just to get a feature-rich keyboard? HyperX are masters are gaming keyboards and accessories and the G513 is no exception. This value keyboard has so many great features like media keys, a light bar, and a palm rest, and it retails for around $100.
You won’t get any macro programming with this keyboard so if this is a deal breaker you may need to spend a little more. The cord is bulky but it adds to the tough but stylish design of the Cherry MX-powered accessory, and when you consider the low cost you won’t even be bothered at all.
- High performance RGB keyboard with customizable full spectrum color lighting per key plus LIGHTSYNC game-driven lighting...
- Advanced Romer G Tactile Mechanical keyswitches for 25 percent faster responsiveness and actuation feedback you can feel...
- Soft and strong Memory Foam palmrest for premium comfort and durability that resists sweat and wipes clean
Is there anything that Logitech can’t do? The tech giant certainly knows how to keep the gamer crowd happy with the G513that delivers on so many places where others fail. The stylishly brushed keys that don’t pick up a trace of fingerprints and the superior key switches are just some ways that it beats the competition.
The Logitech G513 is mid-range in price but it feels as though it should cost a lot more. You’ll be guaranteed to game in complete silence without losing the grip that you need from your keyboard, and it far exceeds anything we’ve seen on a Cherry MX Red key.
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go,...
- Per-key dynamic multi-color RGB backlighting offers near unlimited color customization and control
The Corsair K63 Wireless is a keyboard that’s capable of a little more than usual. It has programmable gaming profiles, crazy disco lighting, and a military grade aluminum finish, just to name a few. This is definitely one of the better looking keyboards out there and one that performs as good as it looks as well.
Corsair has built this computer with a rubber palm rest which certainly does the trick when it comes to comfort levels. However, after some use, it becomes a little grimy, and we know that most gamers tend to spend a lot of time on their keyboards so it requires regular cleaning. It’s expensive but well worth it and would be a real treat for any gamer to use.
- SPILL RESISTANT DESIGN: Withstands accidental spills, extending its lifespan
- POWERED BY RAZER CHROMA: 16.8 million customizable color options
- 10 KEY ANTI-GHOSTING: Execute up to ten commands at the same time.Compatible with Xbox One for basic input
When you want a keyboard that will perform but don’t have a whole lot of money to spend, the Razer Cynosa is a great option. This is a simple keyboard with a low profile but a whole lot of strength, and it’s been built to take a beating no matter what type of gaming you do.
You might miss the tactile clicks and dedicated macro keys on this keyboard but it does offer mesh switches that will see you through your gaming experience. It’s wired and has thrilling RGB lighting that will make it look the part, and you won’t have to spend a fortune just to get it.
- CHERRY MX - Is the leading switch manufacture because of their high standards of quality, reliability, and durability.
- INCREASED TYPING SPEED - The Cherry MX Blue switches increase typing speed by providing both a tactile and clicky audio...
- DEDICATED MEDIA KEYS - Control your media easily with dedicated keys and impress with the digital LED volume display.
If the name wasn’t cool enough to tempt you, then maybe the features will. The G.Skill Ripjaws is a gaming keyboard that doesn’t stand out in looks so for those who want something a bit more discreet this is a great choice.
The best thing about it is its Cherry MX Brown switches and RGB lighting that’s fully customizable. The worst thing about it is that it’s missing some important features like a USB pass-through. This is a budget-friendly keyboard option that will suit both work and gaming, so you have nothing to lose by giving it a chance.
This is the gaming keyboard to choose when you don’t need it for anything else. You’ll find this device far too difficult to use for things like writing reports and emails, so you might want a spare to keep for these important matters. For gaming, though, the SteelSeries Apex is a serious machine.
This keyboard is built tough so if you plan on throwing it around a bit then have no fear. It also features RGB lighting so it will look like nothing you’ve ever seen before, and possibly be more dazzling than the game itself. It feels tactile and looks sharp, but will make some noise, so keep this in mind before you purchase it.